How to travel in Iran by bus?
Traveling between cities with buses is cheap and usually the preferred option for those traveling on a budget. Buses run very frequently and if you choose the VIP ones they are extremely comfortable and even come with an afternoon snack. There are usually a few bus terminals in each city and you would have to know which Terminal has buses to your intended destination. For example, buses from Tehran to Esfahan leave from Beihaghi or Tehran Gharb (West) terminal. You could either just go to the terminal and pick up your ticket there or have an Iranian book it online for you from here. You can also contact a local agency in Iran and have them book your ticket but bus tickets are usually available even if you just purchase directly at the station.
When traveling in long distances like Tehran-Shiraz, a night bus could be a wise option as it would reduce accommodation costs and you’ll sleep during most of the journey. The seats all recline to a comfortable position and have a huge leg space.
As the 17th greatest country in the world and 2nd one in the Middle East; Iran has great roads connecting different parts of the country together. There are high quality and very affordable well-developed transportation system available in Iran. Which are frequent, reliable, safe and very cheap. One of the most available ones are buses. Iran bus transportation system covers a lot of ground within the country. For booking bus ticket in Iran, please consider they usually come in two classes. The VIP/first class is more luxurious while the second class is more frequent and economic. First-class tickets are reasonably priced, so it is suggested to book them. There are different bus companies offering competitive and comfortable, bus ticket in Iran. Iran Traveling Center provide you with rapid reservation system for booking bus ticket in Iran for all domestic destinations.
Luxury Traveling by Bus in Iran
When you are planning to book a bus ticket in Iran, remember that those luxury buses which have a capacity of 25 seats are equipped with air conditioner, fridge, monitor & safety belt. Passengers are entertained by DVD music, films, cake, Juice and mineral water while traveling.
Why is Bus Transportation Important in Iran?
Bus transportation is the first way of transportation in Iran. Traveling by road is very affordable and popular among both Iranian and foreign travelers in Iran. The road network is extensive with both paved roads and motorways. It’s running for almost 52,000 km connecting all major cities across the country. By using bus transportation you may save your money, and time. How? Overnight buses are available almost between every major cities of Iran. You can choose them and pass your night in the comfortable buses and in the morning, you will be in the next city.
Once more we mention; transportation here is easy to organize, comfortable and very cheap in the case you apply on time especially in high seasons of traveling in Iran.
The cost of bus ticket in Iran is very low. For example, the purchase price of the best VIP bus ticket from Tehran to Isfahan is about 6 USD. The same way with normal bus is about 4 USD. Iran has 56 K bus and minibus with approximately 300 bus terminals. Every year Iranian and tourist have 400 million bus trips inside the country.
Popular Bus Routes in Iran:
- Tabriz – Tehran: This route is a famous way for tourists, who come to Iran from Turkey or Armenia border and Hitchhikers. Everyday 10 buses go from Tabriz to Tehran between 14:30 to 23:55. Night bus from Tabriz needs near 7 hours to get in Tehran. Buses in this way provided by Iran Peyman (VIP), Hamsafar (VIP) and Tak Safar Iranian (VIP).
- Tehran – Isfahan: An important road which connect the capital to the heart of Iran. Isfahan in one of the most important tourist cities of Iran. Iran Peyma and Hamsafar Companies have VIP services in this route.
- Tehran – Mashhad: This route is a very important road because many people from Tehran go to Mashhad by this road. As Mashhad has the largest mosque in the world by dimension and the second largest by capacity (next to Mecca in Saudi Arabia). Almost all of this road is highway. Asia Safar, Seiro Safar, Tak Safar, Chabok Savaran, Taavoni #1/ #10/ #12 and #15 has daily VIP buses from Tehran to Mashhad.
- Isfahan – Shiraz: This middle-south road is an important transit road connecting Isfahan to Shiraz. Shiraz is another one of Iran’s prime cities for foreign travelers to visit. Royal Safar and Hamsafar Chabok Savaran has VIP services from morning till night to Shiraz.
- Shiraz – Yazd: Yazd is the center of the Zoroastrian religion in Iran. This labyrinth city of mud and brick is one of the most intriguing places in Iran. Mihan Noor Aria and Giti Peyma Fars are two available VIP bus providers in this route.
- Shiraz – Kerman: This road is a route connecting Shiraz in the south to Kerman on the high margin of Lut Desert in the south-central part of Iran.
- Yazd – Kerman: For all desert lovers, here everything is prepared! By visiting Yazd and Kerman, you will experience a real eco tour and safari the towering sand formations of the Kalut Desert. You can also arrange to spend the night out in the desert.
- Shiraz – Bandar Lengeh: A specific road to go to Dubai by ferry via Persian Gulf. Asia Safar and Tak Safar Iranian has bus for Bandar Lengeh from Shiraz.